Lalu Prasad calls for Aug 19 march to Lok Bhavan against ‘dictatorial’ state government

RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Tuesday, August 18, called for a march to the Lok Bhavan on August 19 against what he termed the “dictatorial attitude” of the state government, alleging that it “responds to democratic demands with bullets from an AK-47,” according to a PTI report.

The opposition leader said members of the Mahagathbandhan alliance would participate in the march and submit a memorandum to the governor over the alleged firing of an AK-47 rifle at student protesters in Siwan district last month.

A police constable was suspended after a video purportedly showing him using an AK-47 rifle during a student protest in Bihar’s Siwan district on July 25 went viral on social media. The protest had been held against an alleged NEET exam paper leak. Police officers said no one was injured in the firing and that an inquiry had been initiated, noting there were clear instructions to the force not to open fire during the demonstration.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *